Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Explorations on Artificial Intelligence or AI for graphic design or artistic applications
On my way to find new techniques, I have been exploring the application and different possibilities of Artificial Intelligence for graphic design applications, content creation, text writing and story creation.
The versatility and speed of AI make it a tool to be taken into account in our day-to-day work as graphic designers or artists.
Thanks to Hugging Face and the free open source artificial intelligence code called Stable Diffusion, it's now easier than ever and all for free.
Explore below the multiple possibilities that artificial intelligence offers us to deal with lettering design, for artworks, book covers or even animation or video.
- AI applications on lettering or type design.
- Generating pictures as graphic design resource.
- Animation and video creation with AI.
- Magic: The Gathering; from small artwork to high-res render.
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- What is Stable Diffusion (SD)?
AI applications on lettering or type design
An exploration of type design and lettering development with artificial intelligence
letterings created with Stable Diffusion with img2img tool. Interpolation created with FILM. Based on Chens Sans font.
Animation and video creation with AI
Creating video and animation with multiple and custom styles, with frame by frame img2img batch processing.
AI generated pictures as graphic resource
Generating high quality, royalty-free images with AI for any graphic application, such as book covers.
Background picture generated with AI; Custom lettering headline text.
Texts set in Thoreau Font. Click here to see more book cover designs!
Magic: The Gathering, explorations on AI
A series of picture to picture applications of Artificial Intelligence, generating high-resolution photorealistic images from small artwork pictures.
I exported a high resolution for a selected pictures that you can download here:Black Lotus Balance Chaos Orb Tolarian Academy Demonic Tutor
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial Intelligence or AI is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. Specific applications of AI include expert systems, natural language processing, speech recognition and machine vision.
Why is AI so useful? The potential of Artificial Intelligence
Aside from other non-graphical fields, in the world of graphic design or art, AI is going to become an essential tool in our daily work tasks.
I don't think AI will replace designers, but I do think it will become a must-have in our workflows.
And you may ask, how can AI help me? Easy. In a lot of tasks, such as:
- Upscale a picture to higher resolutions.
- Create or extend the background of a picture. (outpainting)
- Forget about learning 3D. Train the AI to build faithful models of people, characters or objects. So you can easily generate photos or renders of those. Here you can see some letterings created with AI.
- Generate royalty-free textures, patterns or serveral graphic elements with the style, resolution or detail you need. Like this ones!
- Change the graphic or pictorial style of a photo or drawing and transform it into another one. See this example.
- Generate frame by frame animations with the style you want. Check here an example.
- Create narrations, stories, texts or sentences.
Architectural photography created with artificial intelligence.
What is Stable Diffusion (SD)?
Stable Diffusion is a deep learning, text-to-image model released in 2022. It is primarily used to generate detailed images conditioned on text descriptions, though it can also be applied to other tasks such as inpainting, outpainting, and generating image-to-image translations guided by a text prompt.
The Stable Diffusion model supports the ability to generate new images from scratch through the use of a text prompt describing elements to be included or omitted from the output.
How to Run Stable Diffusion online for free?
You don't need any overpowered gaming PC or any extra components. With a basic computer and an internet connection you can start using Stable Diffusion online through Google Colab.
All you need to do is to look for an online SD adaptation through a virtual machine borrowed from Google, called GOogle Colab. Clic HERE to find a list of them.
And if you need more help, nothing better than a step-by-step video to help you get started: